-- Plan Can Cover Everyone from Children to Pre-retirees --
Aetna has launched Aetna Dental Preventive CareSM, a new low cost dental plan option that covers preventive and diagnostic procedures. Members also receive reduced fees from Aetna’s PPO dentists on non-covered services like fillings, orthodontia and cosmetic tooth whitening.
“This low cost plan enables employers to offer full coverage on preventive and diagnostic procedures for their employees,” said Alan Hirschberg, Head of Aetna Dental. “Encouraging employees to seek early, regular dental care for themselves and their families helps ensure better oral health and overall health.”
Features of the plan include:
• No copays on various procedures such as full-mouth X-rays, fluoride treatment for children and two cleanings within a 12-month period
• No out-of-pocket expenses when a procedure is performed by a participating Aetna dentist
• The ability to choose an annual limit on benefits
• Non-covered services like orthodontia and bleaching provided by participating dentists at discounted fees
• Access to over 93,500 available practice locations throughout the country
• Access to discount programs, including vision and fitness, available to all Aetna members
“Businesses considering a voluntary plan that promotes preventive care may also find this is an ideal option for their employees,” said Hirschberg.
Aetna also provides dental health information through its website, Simple Steps to Better Dental Health (www.simplestepsdental.com/SS/ihtSS/r.WSIHW000/st.31819/pr.3.html), which offers articles, illustrations, interactive tools, information on dental conditions and treatments